Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sculptures













Thought I'd introduce you all to another love of mine. These were done awhile back in a workshop. We worked from life. I've always wanted to sculpt with the thought it would help me in my drawing and painting of portraits and the figure. I'm working on a piece right now of just the torso. These are done in water base clay - I've had some wonderful help from a very close and dear friend and WONDERFUL artist Suzann Crommer - check out her blog. She's the best!


10 comments:

  1. Bev, both of these are lovely...is there no end to your interests and talents! Great to see you last night at the ACA, and what a wonderful demo. Still don't know how you can finish a painting is less than two hours and have everyone talk to you at once! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Ann, so good to see you again - thanks for coming. I was surprised that I got as much done. I really appreciated the support, had a really nice turnout with all the weather and all. I had a great time! Thanks again for all your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait a minute. What do you not do? I am in shock. These sculptures are so great. You are making the rest of us look bad. I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Multi-talented. Nice sculptures. Hope to hear more about the sparrow book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sculptures Bev...you are accomplished in every medium!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bev! Great to reconnect and to see your work here. Such beautiful paintings AND sculpture! Hope to see you again at OPS in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Bev. Wonderful sculptures and watercolors. Glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bev, You are an amazing painter and sculptor! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sculpture Bev, really love the strength in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Bev you are so talented. I took a look around your blog and oh wow, I am honored to visited my blog.

    ReplyDelete