Sunday, September 19, 2010

Relief

This is my first relief - always wanted to design and make a set of plates and platters, so through my friend Suzann she taught and walked me thru the process - I wished I had spent more time on the figure (not sure that it reads well in this photograph) and then the glazes-you never know what you're gonna get - wanted more of the golden glaze to bleed out more so didn't really get what I was shooting for. This was really hard but alot of fun at the same time. Believe I'll give this another shot!

4 comments:

  1. Now, I told you no more mediums. I go out of town a couple of days and come back and you have posted all types of new, great pieces.SO glad you are using and sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol, you're so sweet! I've missed you these last few days, I check first thing every morning to see what new and wonderful little jewels you've painted. Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to see you are also into pottery, is there nothing you won't try? Am expecting skydiving lessons next, and knowing you, you'll make an art out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ann, I don't believe I'm up for skydiving. I do love to try just about anything, hoping to get some more pottery done. I did throw my first pot (besides across the room) I'll have to put it in a painting soon.

    ReplyDelete